Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Crafty Birds - Scavanger Hunt

During our scavenger hunt on St. Patrick's day, I couldn't help but think that there was a better way. The hunt was written in small text with about 30 things to find. While the girls had fun, they couldn't fully participate.

As we were running around hunting, I thought of a better way with pictures instead of words and stickers instead of 3 year olds trying to cross off little lines of text...


I drew 9 simple nature finds and laminated the pictures on card stock. Next, I stuck 9 dot stickers to the laminate so the girls could document their finds.

The girls LOVED it!

And they found almost everything on the hunt.

You can download my scavenger hunt here.

9 comments:

  1. That looks like a bunch of fun! Your illustrations are cute, could even be coloring pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a neat idea. Maybe we can have a scavenger hunt the next time you come here to the farm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your hunt very much. And it is so international, without words! In my Dutch blog, about picnic-ing ( :( excuse my english...) I'll trackback (erratum:), I've directly linked to your Scribd-page. If you don't like it, please let me know.


    Greetings from Holland,
    Marleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice hunt! Great idea for a day out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! My boys will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was great! Thank you so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. done! downloaded, hunted, blogged it. thanks for sharing your great idea.

    ReplyDelete