Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Greener Me: Cleaning Products

Subtle changes to reduce my waste, expose my children to less chemicals, and live a healthier life.

A Green Me:  Cleaning Products
I have replaced all of our expensive, full-of-scary-chemicals-I-can't pronounce cleaning products with non-toxic cleaners made from common ingredients that I mix myself.  Since changing, I can't imagine using a product on our kitchen countertops that I am not comfortable letting my girls touch. Now, the girls help me clean and I am spending way less money on supplies - just a huge tub of vinegar, baking soda and lemon essential oil.

Resources
Clean House, Clean Planet turned me to the green side. This book is full of information and recipes and is generally awesome.

Women's Voices for the Earth has some great recipes (I use the all-purpose cleaner on everything). And, I really want to host a green cleaning party.


No comments:

Post a Comment