Monday, February 15, 2010

Recycled Sweaters = Valentine's Kitties

For Valentine's I made kitties out of felted wool sweaters. To see the girls' happy little faces and joyful squeals made every stitch worth it. They took off running down the hallway with their kitty tucked under their arm - it was a precious moment.

K is for Kira

N is for Nola


For more embroidered fun I made hearts using a tutorial from Woolnest.


Tucked inside the pouch was a scroll that Eric made of special words for each girl... 

Nutty
Observant
Loveable
Artistic

Kooky
Inquizative
Rambunctious
Affectionate

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the email about these heart-felt pouches in Crafty Crow! I sent an email, but figured it was a bit late for V-day submissions; I just wanted to put it out there beyond my blog. Until I received your note, I didn't know they were featured! Wow. wow.

    Your pouches are great, and I really like the idea of a love-note of the recipients name in meaningful adjectives.

    I like your blog and will be adding it to my reader. Thank you, again!

    best - Annri

    ReplyDelete