Tuesday, August 24, 2010

School Slippers

Yesterday we celebrated the girls' first day of Waldorf pre-school. The girls did great, but Eric and I were a nervous wreck.

I'm not sure if I made these slippers (here is the pattern) for the girls or for a mummy who needed to send her babes off surrounded by the comforts of home. I'm not sure if my story (that each little hand-stitch was a mummy hug) was for them or me.

I watched these sweet girls of mine, with slippers in tow, dance off into class and not look back. And I picked up hot, tired and very happy girls - who felt their mummy hugs all morning long.





Yes, it was good day at school.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Helen! These are so beautiful! I'm sure the love you stitched in is warming them all day long! Waldorf schools are great places to start from, so don't worry too much :-)
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I admire you for doing these special things for your daughters.

    ReplyDelete